8 - 14 October 2006

Dear Diary,

Overall it was a pretty good week, fantastic in fact 'cause I finally got my NI drivers' license!!!! It's been a nightmare and would you believe that I earlier failed a test because I bumped a curb... It's ridiculous, but true.

Anyway, Colin and I were going to go out and celebrate in Carrickfergus that night but no sooner had I driven 1 km then my card died so we had to go home and use Colin's car. We decided that it wasn't worth the money to have it fixed so we decided to sell it and buy something else.

My driving instructor also sells cars and I got in touch with him to see if he had something to meet our requirements. He had a 2000 Nissan Micra which looked decent and was affordable so we scooped it up. Better still, he took the Corsa off our hands as a trade-in.

Just when I thought all my car troubles were over, the emissions light came on during the drive home. Hopefully it's a simple fix but we'll see, I'm waiting word from him on his thoughts...
Colin was home this week and worked alot in Newry which is just on the border with Ireland. He was to be in Manchester on Friday for a Project Manager meeting but that was cancelled at the last minute so he went back to Newry and took his time finishing a job.

We had a weekend with a lot of visiting. Tim and his fiancee Lois came over for lunch on Saturday and brought us another wedding gift. Tim is a friend of Colin's from university and he and Lois will also be having their wedding reception at Ballygally Castle in May 2007. Earlier this afternoon, Ellie, Alan, Clare and the girls (Erin and Amy) came over for a cuppa and to see our girls. Unfortunately, our girls were not as excited to the girls as they were to see our girls! Pearl and Dixie did OK but they're still not really sure what to think of Erin and Amy. We later all went to Ellie's for dinner before heading off to church at 6:30.

The kittens are doing well but poor Pearl had a bit of rough week.... Her little tummy was acting up which I think was caused by the Lindor chocolate wrappers they were playing with. Dark chocolate does not agree with 17 week old kittens!

Here are some photos of the "girls":


Pearl
Dixie

Playing together

That's been our week, Dear Diary. 'Til next week, God bless.