In a nutshell...

Dear Diary,

Well, in terms of adding postings to this blogsite, I've been more frequent than in the past but it could still get better, eh?!?..

Colin and I have been up to our regular day-to-day stuff. He's been working in Dublin for the last few weeks (including this week) so we haven't seen to much of each other but hopefully that will change next week.

On the 2nd December we finally had our kitchen and dinng room floor tiled and it looks great, we're very pleased with and so are the cats! The little ejits run across it and slide into the walls all day. We've moved their bedroom and food to the kitchen and the littertrays are now in the washroom just off the kitchen which has been nice for us as we now have our 2nd bedroom back as as bedroom rather than cat room!

Here are a few photos of the "girls":








Our new "bookends"


(Pearl is on the left, Dixie on the right)






Aren't they good?! It's hard to tell who is who...












My cousin Marie came to spend a night with us and we had a really nice time. It's sad that she is leaving next week for Holland and Africa but I'm sure she'll be back to visit sometime in April. We picked her up late Saturday afternoon and we went shopping to pick up a Christmas tree and then out to dinner where we had a chance to catch up. On Sunday after church we decorated our tree (aka pagen tree!) and enjoyed the lights as we relaxed after dinner.



Marie Vandenberg

(Does it remind you of Charlie Brown's tree?)


Marie and me

















After a rather uneventful week, I invited some friends from work, Lisa and Lynda, over for dinner this past weekend and made a pumpkin pie for dessert - they're first time eating pumpkin and my first time making a pumpkin pie!!! The idea of pumpkin was so new to them they didn't realize the pie was for dessert - they thought it was the main course! It turned out well and since I've got some leftover pumpkin, I'll also be doing some more baking this week with the pumpkin and another pie at Christmas!

My friend Lisa and I take the bus into together and she also goes to our church so I see her out of the work scene as well. Lynda sits across from me at work and we chat back and forth over our desk wall about her terrible luck in buying a house. The poor girl has had so many deals fall through, its not funny anymore... We all enjoyed another of Colin's lovely dinners and some good "craic" afterwards.

That's all for now folks - if there is more to write this week, I'll add another post

'Til next time,

Heather (and Colin)