Mid Winter Check in...

Dear Diary,

After recovering from the mid-winter blahs, it's starting to get warmer and the days longer so it's time to fill you in on what we've been up to.

"The Girls" are now 8 months old and losing their kittenish look, however, not kitten actions; now they just look like small cats... Here are their close-ups....


Dixie Pearl
The front window is one of their fave places to look for birds, other cats and bugs...
We've recently had the kitchen and bathrooms tiled and whilst we still have to install new light fixtures, paint and a few other finishing touches like putting the kicker boards back up, it's all starting to come together....
Kitchen:
Ensuite:
Colin, conquering the 11th century world from his 21st century office:
In case you missed it in an earlier blog, we have finally received our permanent house # and street address. Funny things is, our site number was 22 and our permanent number is 23 but our neighbours are the exact opposite of that so it started causing problems with the mail. Our solution was to get the following house sign and so far, so good!

A photo of our house...

Lastly, today was a lovely day so we went for a walk on the coast and took a few pics to share with you all...

Ballygally Castle Hotel in the distance

Waterfall near Glenariff Forest Park

Lastly, lastly, something to make you smile...

A Dogs Diary

7 am - Oh boy! A walk! My favourite!

8 am - Oh boy! Dog food! My favourite!

9 am - Oh boy! The kids! My favourite!

Noon - Oh boy! The yard! My favourite!

2 pm - Oh boy! A car ride! My favourite!

3 pm - Oh boy! The kids! My favourite!

4 pm - Oh boy! Playing ball! My favourite!

6 pm - Oh boy! Welcome home Mum! My favourite!

7 pm - Oh boy! Welcome home Dad! My favourite!

8 pm - Oh boy! Dog food! My favourite!

9 pm - Oh boy! Tummy rubs on the couch! My favourite!

11 pm - Oh boy! Sleeping in my owner's bed! My favourite!

A Cat's Diary

Day 183 of my captivity.

My captors continued to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.

They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from clawing the furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another house plant.

Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded. Maybe I should try this at the top of the stairs.In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favourite chair. I must try this on their bed.

Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body in an attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little kitty cat I was. This is not working according to plan.

There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary confinement throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell the food. More important, I overheard that my confinement was due to my powers of inducing something called "allergies." Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage.I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches.

The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit.The bird, on the other hand, has got to be an informant. He speaks with them regularly, and I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the metal room, his safety is assured.

But I can wait.

It's only a matter of time.

=============

haha..

That's it dear Diary, til next time..

God bless,

Heather and Colin