Look at me now!

Dear Diary,

A week ago Colin and I attended at the hospital for my 20-week ultrasound scan. It's still amazing to see and we're very pleased to report that the baby is growing and developing well. Both of us could've looked at her forever! In addition, I wanted to know the gender of the baby and we think we're having a girl but obviously not 100% sure until the day arrives.


The first scan is her side profile and she has her knees pulled up and the second scan is her looking right at us! She was sucking her thumb (just like her daddy did!) and she even took a drink for us to watch. She was moving really well and quickly but I haven't felt her yet as the placenta is lying in the front of me - I assume I'll have to wait a few more weeks until she gets a bit bigger and stronger.

As for me, I'm OK but still tired which has become a completely normal way of life for me. I have a heart murmur and my OB is sending me for an EKG on Thursday to make sure it's not more serious. In addition, they seem to think there is something strange with my heartbeat and want the cardiologist to check it out to prevent any complications that may develop during the pregnancy or in labour. Another small snag is the fact that my blood type is O RH negative. Unfortunately, Colin has no idea what his blood type is so he has to get tested once he is back from Denver next week. It is more than likely he is Rh positive and I'll need a couple of injections to prevent future complications, if any, that could appear but it's not something that can't be treated.

Anyways, just to let everyone know, we are all well. Colin is in Denver, Colorado at a trade show this week trying to develop some business and contacts in the US. It starts tomorrow and he is anxious to get started but I know he will do well - all his customers love him over here and if we do move over, they'll be missing him! He enjoys the challenge of this project but is looking forward to coming home this weekend.

Hope all is well,

With Christian greetings,

Heather, Colin and Baby Black