Not much to report

Dear Diary,

It's been a while since my last post. I guess I was waiting for something exciting to happen and nothing did. Take that as a good thing. We've keeping up busy working and just doing ordinary stuff.

The pregnancy has been progressing well. I'm still plagued with fatigue but that's normal for me. This past week I went for my 28 week check up and received the Anti-D jab in my arm because my blood type is O Rh negative and Colin is A Rh+. I have added a link for more information because I really can't explain it very well. The baby was scanned and she looks great, her little heart is beating a mile a minute but right now she is lying transverse albeit loads of time to move into the right position. I know she is already a good little girl and will do as she has been told 'cause her mommy really doesn't want surgery!!! Colin's word of advice "Don't worry, it'll be fiine". I think I heard that before but I have to get back on my gym ball and continue with my ante-natal yoga moves to ensure she does move into the right position.

Speaking of ante-natal yoga, I just finished my 6 weeks and I'll miss it! I loved it and I would recommend it to any expectant moms. I was in a small group of 6 women and 5 of us were first-timers - clueless about labour, birth and babies! Not only did we practice yoga but we had some really good conversations about our fears and what we can expect in labour and afterwards. Now that I have my Monday nights back, I think I'll pick up swimming lengths to build up stronger thigh muscles and besides it's good excercise since I don't get much at work (my mat leave starts on 21st January! Yay!)

Colin's work has been busy and then he has a few weeks of struggling to find things to do. He thought he might be going back to Denver in December but he's not anymore. The Americans are flying to Manchester in January and Colin will also be taking them to Belfast to Value Cabs (N. Ireland's largest taxi firm) to see the system in use. Apparently (and I'm trying not to set my expectations too high) they are very interested and they will sign a contract with GPC to install the system in Denver which should be all we need to emigrate across. Whilst it sounds very probable, we leave it up to God to direct us where we should be going and when.

We'll try to take a few more photos in the near future - Colin gave me his Christmas wish list and the next day he went out to the photography shop and promptly purchased most of what he wanted so we will have all the photography equipment we will ever need by Christmas. In case you were wondering how our furry girls are doing or have forgotten what they look like, here you go (and oh yeah, that's Colin and me holding them). A "family" photo:


Hope this finds you well.
'Til next time Dear Diary.
God bless,
Heather, Colin & Baby Black