5 weeks or 35 days to go...

Dear Diary,

I found this poem on the internet and thought it must capture what every expectant mother feels and thinks....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The Gift
-Bujayjay-

I wonder if you ever dreamed…
About me and the world unrevealed
I wonder if you ever smiled…
Whenever I talk to you from the outside

I feel butterflies within…
Is that you that I am feeling?
I feel happy when you do that…
Now let’s see, what else do you have?

Every night I want to dream of you…
Hold your face and kiss you
Feel your soft skin and smell it…
Give you a hug and tickle your feet

That is real enough for me…
To see you in my dreams and hold you tenderly
However, I still can’t wait to see…
My precious little gift… my baby.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't believe I am counting down the days already! It seems only like yesterday that I had an idea that I could be pregnant and here we are, 35 days to go! We are both excited and anticipation is growing daily especially now that I am home on maternity leave.

This past weekend we, or more specifically Colin, moved furniture around upstairs and put up the crib and change table in what was the guest room, now nursery. Today I fianlly started on my hospital/labour/post delivery bag but there is still loads to do. The baby clothes are up in the attic and need to be washed and ironed but at the moment I don't have anywhere to keep them so we will go out and buy a chest of drawers this weekend. The baby "equipment" is up in the attic too and I think this weekend Colin will be making a few trips up there.


I started my maternity leave a week earlier than planned as my blood pressure started going up. It was so high last Wednesday the OB was going to admit me to hospital but the senior OB said I would be more relaxed at home. It was still up, although not as high, the next day and today as well, so it's back to the outpatient clinic tomorrow to see the OB again. Thankfully the pre-eclampsia test I had done last week came back negative...

While on the subject of babies, our dear friends Karen and Herman were blessed with Maiya Keanne Post on January 7th, 2008!
'Til next time,
Heather, Colin and baby Black