The last update of 2007 and the first of 2008....

Dear Diary,

By now 2008 has entered with a bang, quite literally around the world, in fact the City of London spent a cool £1 million on fireworks alone which is ridiculous if you ask me but that is another story.

Colin and I have both returned to work today after the holidays and it's a good thing traffic was really light or else I would've been late. Colin thought he was going to Londonderry to start a new installation but the plans changed and he was told to go to Galway instead. Since he didn't expect to go and we were already half way to Belfast when he got the call to go, he didn't have an overnight bag to take with him. Being a man, all he needed was a new pair of knickers and socks and hey, why not wear the same clothes for a second day!! I can't imagine it but whatever, it doesn't bother him.

I have 12 working days left before I start maternity leave on 21st January. I had a little freak out a couple of nights ago about this and Colin just smiled and tut-tutted me - I've always had a job since I was 13 (even earlier if you include the Hamilton Spectator paper route) and not having to go to work and collecting a pay cheque at the end of the month, will be culture shock. That's been my life for the last 20 years! In a strange way, I'll miss working, the comraderie with co-workers and the laughs with each other but I think once I settle down into a routine I won't be able to imagine going back full-time. I see myself in the future going part-time especially if we start the business in America but even that is up in the air at the moment.

Anyways, we enjoyed our Christmas break of doing absolutely nothing.
We had a Black family Boxing Day lunch at the Ross Park Hotel in Kells, Ballymena.
The family group photo
Ryan with Philip, Colin's youngest bro, in the background
Erin acting silly with Nanny Black
Amy sitting still and being well behaved, for once.
Alan, Colin's bro
Tara, Amy, Rosie the doll, Erin and Clare
Colin received new camera equipment for Christmas and he's been experimenting with it by taking photos of everything that moves and everything that doesn't move. His latest interest is the night sky and has some really nice pics.
If you can tell me the constellation, you win a prize!
I had to work Thursday and Friday of last week but Colin was still home. We went to my midwife appointment on Thursday morning to monitor the babies' movements but she has wiggly for over a good week non-stop, so no worries. Today I am 33 weeks pregnant and it's hard to believe that I can now say next month the baby will be here, DV! I've been picking up clothes for her (?) for a while and went a wee bit crazy with the Boxing Day sales. I think it's safe to say she has more clothes than Colin and I do combined.
I'm still struggling with fatigue and it was fantastic to be able to nap during the holidays and so I opted to stay home on NYE while Colin went to Jeffrey and Jenny Dempsey's for some NYE craic and silliness. He needed to get away from me for a while as all I do these days is waddle around and sleep!
I guess that winds up 2007 and brings in 2008 which we anticipate will be a year full of sleepless nights and dirty diapers! Wow, we can't wait, really, we can't.
No post would be complete without Pearl and Dixie - here are my stars showing off their fence walking skills. If you only knew how many pics we have of these two, can you imagine the amount we'll have of the baby!!



From our family to yours, we pray for a blessed, happy and healthy 2008!
Heather, Colin and Baby Black