We've arrived safely....

Dear Diary,

I know, it's been a long time and I cannot begin to tell you how many times I've been told, "I checked the blog but NOTHING new has been added!". Well, we've been busy, very busy and sadly the blog hasn't been my first priority. I'll start by recapping the last couple of weeks.

Colin was in Denver for almost three weeks and arrived home in Larne on Saturday, May 17. Pretty much from the time he came home until we left on the 22nd we were swamped but THANK YOU very much to everyone who helped us in so many ways and even after we left. It was an overwhelming challenge for us two alone and we appreciate all the help and support we recieved. The house is still for sale so feel free to make us an offer.....

The house was packed up by Pickfords on Tuesday and it took 4 or 5 hours to finish. Our stuff is now somewhere in England and will be making it's way over to Mom and Dad's barn shortly. We spent Wednesday cleaning and visiting and since we had to get up at 2 a.m. the next day, why bother go to bed at all? In the end we managed to lie down for literally a couple of hours but I don't think either of us slept. Thankfully Isla did!

Uncle Johnny, Uncle Maurice and Aunt Margaret arrived by 4 a.m. and we all hit the road for Dublin Airport. Pearl and Dixie were caged up but their cages were doused with a kitty phermone and they were really good despite being in the cage for 16 hours... Isla was either eating or sleeping on the plane in an empty seat between us and did very well too. I think the motion of the plane soothed her just like a car ride would.

Here is Pearl laing on Mom's bed, Dixie was no where around when I wanted to take a pic of her. As you can see, she is no worse for wear after her ordeal....

... and here is Ziggy, such a nice boy and my first cat....


Margaret picked us up from the airport when we arrived in Toronto. Poor Colin was pushing two trolleys full of suitcases and cats. The Border guard had pity on him so after checking out the cats, he offered to help him...

Auntie Margaret cried when she saw Isla and insists on feeding her whenever she can!

Thankfully, she lives 45 minutes away so at least I can feed her now and again!
On Sunday we had the crowd over - John and Marg and kids and George and Loretta and kids. We had a good night getting reaquainted. During the last three years I was away my nieces and nephews have all been getting older and much taller (than me)....
Kris is my "little" niece....
On Monday, Isla met her Great-Oma (94) in Mount Nemo Nursing Home for the first time. Oma loved her and it was a special moment for both of us.


Colin left for Denver on Tuesday morning but before he left for 3.5 weeks, he started a new game with Isla...
I'm not sure what it is called but he throws the muslin cloth over her head and she takes it off laughing and giggling. She is sooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Over the past two weeks she has really started to chit chat and tell stories. She absolutely loves it when someone talks to her and smiles. We were at the mall today and she was cooed at everywhere we went because all she did was smile. She rarely cries and I think jet lag is a thing of the past because she is back to sleeping 10-11 hours and is usually up around 7:30 a.m.

Colin is staying in a studio apartment in Denver at an extended stay hotel. He has his own "pad" for the next month or until we can rent something. It has a fully equipped kitchen so he may even get around to doing some cooking for himself... (We miss you loads already!xo)...
Well that is it for now. The visiting schedule is getting booked up but there is still lots of time before we leave here and I'll do my best to keep the blog current.
Hope this finds you all well...
Heather, Colin & Isla