4 Months Old!

Dear Diary,

Just an update on the days of our lives here in Waterdown. We're still doing a bit of visiting and Isla is enjoying all the cuddles and hugs she gets. Of course, the sparkles in her big blue eyes and that little cheeky smile are enough to melt your heart. I could look at her all day but then I might be a bit biased!


My cousin Fran Geurts came by last week for a nice chat. I haven't seen Fran since I left 3 years ago and we had a nice visit. Fran and her family used to live in Burlington and she used to come times to watch Sue Thomas FB Eye a few times.


I also went to visit my friend Elsa last Friday morning. We had a nice chat and her daughter Katelyn thoroughly enjoyed having another girl around the house. Poor Katelyn has three brothers!!!


When we arrived in Canada we brought our British car seat with us, however, they are illegal to use in Canada. Mom and I have been on a car seat search and to date we bought two, not that I need two but anyways a long story short, one is going back to the store. The practical side of me thought that if I bought Isla a car seat for the next stage up that she can currently use as well would be wise however when we used it for the first time it was obvious she is a bit young and needs more head support. In the meantime, I bought another infant car seat for her which is more age appropriate. This is Isla in the car seat which is going back to Sears (what would I do without Sears?).

Speaking of head support, her neck muscle co-ordination is really coming along well and even Mom and Dad say they can see huge improvement over the last couple of weeks. She still favours her right side (her head is still flat on that side) but is voluntarily turning her head to left no problem. She can hold her head up unaided and I'm sure if I put her on the floor on her tummy she would lift her head too. She really doesn't like to lay on the floor on her tummy so I don't do it much but I digress... At the Mom-to-Mom sale I bought her a Bumbo chair and tried it to test her neck and she did great. Here is the princess on her Bumbo throne.

Didn't I tell you her eyes sparkle? She loved it but her favourite chair is still the bouncy chair with vibrations and music. I don't know what I would do without it (another Sears purchase)!

On Friday she is getting another stamp in her little passport - we're going to visit Daddy! Woohoo! We haven't seen him in 2.5 weeks and we're all excited to finally be together again. We are leaving Friday and will return to Toronto on July 31st. We can't stay permanently in the US yet since we still don't have the appropriate visa. We are also still waiting for our stuff to leave England. Alot to happen yet but it's out of our hands and I'm praying for patience and all things to go well. What else can we do?

But we're all healthy and relatively happy - we'll be happier on Friday! My furry girls are staying with Mom and Dad and under the careful eye of Ziggy, they'll be fine, at least they have each other and from the pic below, isn't that nice!?


It's so nice to have a sister!

'Til next time,

Heather, Colin & Isla