8 Months Old and on the road...

Dear Diary,

I've missed posting on the blog but we've been busy...

First of all, Isla turned 8 months on October 17, she had a baby wellness check up and she got another 3 teeth, all in one day (more about that later on in this post).

Here she is on her 8th month birthday. Mom and I decided it would be nice to take her to the pumpkin farm and apple orchard down the road. She loves going for walks and "sings" while we walk...



My little pumpkin in the pumpkin patch:



With her mom:



With her doting Oma:



She loves animals whether it be cats or dogs, yes, even Tasha!!



Before we left for Denver I took her to the dr. for a wellness check up. She is a peanut at 27 inches long and weighed 17.5 lbs ~ that is 1 stone 3.5 lbs. for those Brtis! She is right on track developmentally and is sitting quite comfortably but not crawling in the true form of crawling if you know what I mean. I wish I had a photo to post but the new thing is to go on all fours and "stand" on her tip-toes with her little bum in the air ~ too cute! She manages to shuffle along by rolling and wiggling on the floor... One day she'll surprise us and go on all fours....

After a week of sorting and packing, Colin arrived late Friday evening in Toronto and we left at 4:45 a.m. Saturday for Denver. We were tired but anxious to get going.

Our drive was uneventful and smooth all along. We didn't take any photos because we had 1500 miles to cover in two days as Colin had to be back at work Monday morning. Isla was really good in her car seat but had trouble settling down in her crib at night at the hotels. We thought it was just from sitting all day but on Monday I realized she cut three teeth on Sunday!! Wow, for two months it was just the two bottom teeth and now she has a third bottom front teeth and the two upper middle teeth for a total of 5 teeth. What should've been a clue to us was the number of dirty diapers she had and let me tell you when you're enclosed in a van it doesn't take long to realize she needed a change.

While we were driving it was a good time for Colin and Isla to get re-acquainted and she couldn't get a more attentive daddy!



As for the cats, they were OK. Pearl only cried occasionally but Dixie, well, let's just say she spent most of the trip on my lap sleeping on a pillow. It was recommended we give them Rescue Remedy to keep them calm. An adult does is 4 drops on the tongue but with cats, one drop is enough. That was true with Pearl but Dixie, I gave her an adult dose and then I think she still had more... Never again...

Here they are in their "prisons". When we stopped for a break we brought them outside for fresh air. Despite alot of wind in Iowa, we were fortunate to have great weather during our trip...



I stuffed the van full of stuff with some things I really wanted to bring to make the apartment feel more like home so this week I'm sorting through the boxes. The only problem I'm having is that since we don't have our furniture I'm running out of storage areas! We have a huge walkin closet, a storage unit and a garage and I know all the space will be well used. Eventually once Colin sorts out the office, we'll eventually get our furniture and other belongings shipped out.

So there you have it. We're pleasantly busy and happy to be together again, finally! We are very thankful that our trip was safe and we encountered no car trouble or accidents and just happy to be back in Colorado.

If you're ever in the area, come on over ~ our door is always open.

'Til next time,
Heather, Colin and Isla