At the Well ~ Keeping "Christ" in Christmas

Dear Diary,
I am "At the Well" today with hostess, Tracy of Thirsty for Him discussing the very timely topic of Keeping Christ in Christmas.
I grew up in a Christian home where we had a Christmas tree, decorations, turkey and visits to Santa at the mall. We also exchanged gifts with the immediate family but never on Christmas Day, usually the Saturday before Christmas Day. I don't recall any traditions but we always went to church on Christmas morning and as kids we knew why Christmas was celebrated.
In my young family to date we have two tradition:
~ new pyjamas, which was started by my husbands family when he was growing up; and
~ a family photo by the tree.
Between my husband and I we discussed how we want our daughter to celebrate Christmas as she gets older. Unlike some Christians, we will celebrate Christmas. If I understand correctly, some Christians do not celebrate because many traditions e.g. tree and Santa, are rooted in pagan beliefs and there is no biblical proof that Christ was even born on December 25th. This is true and I can sort of understand where they are coming from but we believe that we should celebrate the birth of Christ, just not in such a worldly way.
We will have a gift for each other, I will set up our tree this week, put lights on the balcony, send out cards and we will eat turkey. In all honesty, we don't NEED the tree or lights but I like them and we do them tastefully and in moderation so as to not distract from the Christmas celebration.
Our daughter is only 9 months old and doesn't know the difference between December 25 and December 26 so what we do this year, is only for ourselves. We have one gift and a few stocking stuffers for her but that is all. When she is older and has a better understanding of Christmas, first and foremost she will know that we celebrate the miracle of His birth and to give thanks to God for sending His only Son into this world for us. She will learn the "Christmas Story" from the Bible. She won't be visiting Santa Clause (or "Satan Clause") who will only bring her gifts if she is good but will receive a gift and give gifts just as the wise men brought gifts to the baby. It's obvious how commercialized and materialistic Christmas has become and I pray that she is not brought in to all of that. We donate gifts to charity and hope she will do the same for people who are truly in need.
My husband used to go out caroling with his church before we moved this year. He probably won't do that this year but will be singing Christmas hymns in church on Christmas morning, not songs about reindeer, snow or trees.
When I was thinking about this weeks topic, I perused the Focus on the Family website. I knew they would have some great advice on how to make this a christian Christmas and sure enough they have a list of stores that were recommended for Christmas shopping. This is the link on their site and also please take the time to sign their petition requesting retailers to stop taking advantage of Christmas.
The focus of Christmas must remain on Christ. I pray that my family, and others, do not get wrapped up in the secularization that seems to becoming more prominent each year and that we don't lose sight of the goal, to meet Him in eternal glory!
Merry Christmas!