Here I go...

Dear Diary,
OK, it's high time I did this so here it goes:
I need to lose weight. To be exact my goal is to lose 37 lbs. by May 22, 2009. That's only 5 months away averaging 2 lbs. a week. Can I do it? I sure hope so. There will be good weeks and bad weeks but I'm hoping it will even out in the end.
Why?
The main reason being my blood pressure. Since my pregnancy with Isla it hasn't come down to my pre-pregnancy bp which was always 110/70. To be honest I haven't had it checked in a few months but I'm assuming it's still high. My dr. told me it may never go back to the way it was and may eventually go on medication. I definately don't want that so I am trying and if it doesn't go down then at least I know I did give it shot. I'll go to the pharmacy this week and confirm it but even if it is back down to 110/70 my BMI is still telling me to lose the extra pounds.
I feel yuck because my clothes don't fit like they should. I was at my target weight a mere 3.5 years ago and I like shoppping but now I hate it since the size tag started getting higher and higher.
How?
Well, I need help but I don't believe paying huge amounts of money is the answer either. I plan on using diet and exercise and I'm tracking it all on a website called SparkPeople.
I need all the help I can get because I haven't been blessed with tons of motivation and determination. That's why I'm posting this on our blog ~ so everyone can read about it. Also, I have included a tracker on the right side of this blog near the bottom. If you don't see that tracker getting closer to my goal weight, drop me a comment or an email to kick me in the pants. I need it, don't be afraid too, I'm not going to hurt you if you do.
I actually started doing this in earnest about a month ago (lost 2 lbs) but I have fallen off the wagon about 1.5 weeks ago. Isla doesn't like going to the gym with me so I was going mainly at the weekends. Last weekend I wasn't feeling that great and didn't go at all and last week was a write off for various reasons. I didn't go back to the gym this past weekend either so that is a good 8 days without setting foot of the treadmill. Good thing I don't pay for a membership. The FREE gym is a mere five minute walk from our door. I'm going tonight and it helps Colin is home starting Wednesday until after New Years so I can during the day, after that, it's back to evenings and weekends.
I'll post now and again about my progress and give ample opportunity for our readers to kick me in the pants!