Our new lifestyle ~ 2009

Dear Diary, I was reading my 2nd post from yesterday and realized how depressing it was. Yikes!
2008 was a hard, stressful, emotional year hence the very negative post. It wasn't our best year and we do not intend to carry forward the negative momentum into 2009. We are looking forward to 2009 and intend to have a positive attitude as we face it on.
Just to let you know, no resolutions this year, only lifestyle changes. What is the difference? Resolutions are broken by January 21 and the changes we intend to make our meant to last a lifetime. They will become part of our everyday life and so ingrained in our routine we don't think twice about them. Kind of like making coffee in the morning, we need to do them!
First, we intend to read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation and everything in between in 2009. Our pastor has challenged the congregation to read the Bible everyday and even provided special Bibles (for a small fee of $2.50) that breakdown the chapters to be read for each day of the year. This could lead to repetition out of obligation but it is something I have always wanted to do anyways, so why not?
Second, I will continue my 37 lbs. weight loss challenge. It will be somewhat of a diet as I watch my calorie intake until I hit my target weight, hopefully by May 22, but the healthy eating and exercise aspect of it is something I intend to keep going throughout the year and beyond.
Third, this one ties into #2 a bit, spend more family time. Isla loves going for walks so I am always on the look out for places to visit, where we can be active, for free preferrably, and that we can go together. It's getting easier as she gets older and I want the active lifestyle to rub off on her. Family time can mean playing games, going out, dinner, etc. just about anything we can do together as a family.
Fourth, Colin and I have picked biblical passages in which to focus on this year. I have picked mine, I don't think he picked his yet. The reason I want to do this is because we all have all weaknesses that we have to work on everyday. The particular weakness I like to focus on is trying to take control of my life and not rely on God enough to take control and lead us where He wants us to go. I love to plan life out and I don't like it when my plans are broken. It's funny though, at this point in our lives, we can't even plan 6 months ahead and I'm OK with it. I have chosen Ps. 27:14 ~
Rely on the Lord!
Be strong and confident!
Rely on the Lord! (NET)
It's so hard to just let go. I pray everyday that I can do it and to surrender myself to Him but I struggle with it so if I say this verse to myself everyday, I am confident I will let go. It's already easier for me but I am a work in progress.
So there you have it. These are my lifestyle changes 2009!
Please pray for us during 2009 and that we do as He intends. We don't know what He has planned for us but please pray the Holy Spirit works in our hearts to grow in faith and become strong and confident in Him.
We also pray that all of you have a blessed 2009 full of good health and happiness!