Stuck in a rut...

Dear Diary,
HELP! I'm struggling.
I knew it was too good to be true when the scale told me I was down an additional 4 lbs. last week. I must've weighed myself on a very empty, shrivelled up stomach and no blood coarsing through my veins. I haven't been able to get back to that weight since I posted about it.
But I'm not going to change my ticker on the right of the blog because I'm determined to reach 12 lbs. by the end of the week. If I don't reach my target, I'll change it to reflect my actual weight.
For the last three days I've been up and down on the scale between 167 and 169. There is no consistency. Why?
I think part of my answer to that question is because I've been a bad snacker last week and even up to yesterday. Today I am determined to put that bad habit behind me and kick things up a notch, AGAIN!
I tell ya, losing weight is hard work!
The treadmill is getting boring and I think I'll start some DVD's at home for a change periodically.
That's why I wanted to post today. If I blog about it, I feel accountable for my actions and don't want to publicly fail my mission and miss my goal in May. Blogging keeps me focused and it's also a pride issue but I think in this case, my pride is working to motivate me which is a good thing, right?
The good news is my jeans are fitting better. I may only have lost 10 lbs. but I can see the difference already. I worry I'll become complacent if I start to see progress.... Does that make sense?
Another good thing to come out of this mission is that Colin is starting to lift weights again. He did this before I knew him but has since "softened" up a bit. He felt compelled to regain his former physique since the FREE gym is on our doorstep. We really have no excuse for not using it. He's been in my corner encouraging me when I get down about my lack of progress but now that he's also started his own program and we can work together to reach our goals.
I'll try not to get bummed when he loses half a pound after chewing his breakfast. Seriously, that's what happened on Saturday.