Thankful Thursday ~ Precious Words

Dear Diary,
Today it's Thankful Thursday with Iris from Grace Alone. Go ahead visit her blog to see what she and others are thankful for.
Like Iris, I am thankful for His Word. As I mentioned in an earlier post, Colin and I this year are reading the Bible cover to cover and I have already found many verses that I have taken to heart and can apply to my life.
Ps. 4:4 "In your anger do not sin; when you are on your beds search your hearts and be silent".
Words of comfort.
Ps. 5:12 "For surely, O Lord, you bless the righteous; you surrounds them with your favour as with a shield".
Words of admonition.
Matt 4:17 "From that time on Jesus began to preach, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near".
Also as I read everday, I am struck by the great comfort and love that He shows to those who remain faithful to Him. I'm thinking of Noah, Abraham and Job in particular. He has done that for Colin, Isla and I also throughout 2008 and even the first week of 2009.
I am so very thankful that He has provided Colin with a raise in wages. Colin was hesitant to ask his boss but our patience was rewarded. We prayed that our financial situation would be lessened in 2009 and our prayers were answered!
Philipp 4: 6-7 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus".