Thankful Thursday - Love

Dear Diary,
It's been a while since I last posted on "Thankful Thursday" which is a shame because I have so much to be thankful for but I'm back this week!
This week Iris at Grace Alone has chosen the theme of love specifically as described in I Cor. 13: 4-7:
“Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”~ 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Personally, this is one of my favourite passages in the Bible because it sums up a true Christian lifestyle. It teaches us how to show love to others, how to interact with others we may not like let alone love and how others should view us. God first loved us so who are we not to show love to others. Are we above God?
Jesus also commanded us to love when He said:
Jesus replied, " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:37-40 NIV).
Love may be the greatest commandment and it certainly is not the easiest. I pray that I can love my enemies and show self-control to those I find difficult to love!
This week I am thankful for:
1. My husband and his unfailing love and commitment to our marriage. At times I am hard to love especially when I have a moment as my mom calls it but he continues to stand by me and support. His love for certainly bears all things!
2. My beautiful daughter who will soon celebrate her first birthday. May she grow up to be a compassionate, slow to anger, Christ-like young lady filled with love for her Heavenly Father and others around her.