This and that but nothin' much

Dear Diary,
There is nothing interesting going on over here.
Colorado is great for winter. It's spring actually but I gotta admit I do miss the snow. We are getting a bit of snow tonight and later this week but basically it's brown and warm here.
We are also getting ready for the big day next week Tuesday. I told her today it was her birthday next week and she clapped her hands so I think she's excited and I'll be sure to post lots of pics of her special day. I've been out shopping for little bits and pieces and we've decided on her present. We just have to go out and buy it on Monday when Colin is home (he's also home on Tuesday).
Her daddy dressed her on Saturday but it's obvious he's colour blind or has really bad fashion sense or both. He calls this "rhubarb and custard". I call it ugly! He's not allowed to pick out her clothes anymore.
We often go for walks along a pathway behind the apartment and I took a couple of pictures to give you all a better idea what it is like around here. (the mountains are WAY off in the distance).
Also, a lot of Canadian cousins live in a pond nearby. Besides swimming, eating and enjoying life they poop ALOT on the sidewalk. Not nice for walking but nice little geese!
Isla loves to touch faces whether it be ours or the cats.
When Dixie was a kitten, Colin got her hooked on water. Dripping tap water, sitting in the sink, anything to do with water, just don't get her wet. She still has that fascination. I found her in the tub after I cleaned it looking at water drops.
Hope you are well.