Too much of a good thing is not necessarily a good thing

Dear Diary, I drink copious amounts of water. Probably about 80 ozs. a day or 10 glasses because that's what the "experts" say to do when trying to lose weight.
I've never had a problem drinking water but recently I've increased my intake especially when working out at the gym.
Lately I have been noticing that I am up to 1.5 lbs. heavier once I get back from the gym. That seemed odd to me since I do sweat a fair bit (sorry, TMI) but a few hours later I would be back to normal so I didn't give it much thought.
Today I was surfing the net looking something up when I came across an article about a lady who worked out 3 weeks a month and then took a week off. She noticed that she lost the most weight the week she didn't exercise. Strange, eh?
Well, it turned out she drank too MUCH water. Go figure?!
Her body was retaining water the three weeks she worked out and it was eliminated the week she didn't exercise therefore she lost more weight.
I think that is my problem.
I take my 20 ozs.water jug with me wherever I go including the gym and I can finish it off easily within a 45 mins. workout.
My plan for the next week is too cut down my water consumption and in the perfect world, I'll lose an extra 2 to 3 lbs. of water weight. I wish!
Starting tomorrow I will reduce my water intake to 64 oz. and see what happens. When I work out rather than take a full 20 ozs. I'll reduce it to 10 ozs.and see what happens.
So yes, I think you can have too much of a good thing, at least when it comes to water.