Our itinerary for the next few weeks....

Dear Diary,
We are driving to NYC on Saturday.... with Isla...
Are we crazy travelling 1800 miles with a 13 month old? Probably but for a good reason.
Colin has a convention at the Grand Hyatt in Manhattan for a couple of days. He has loads of stuff, aka. computers, terminals and even our TV, so we decided to drive and make it a mini-family-vacation. At least I hope its a vacation, we'll have to see about that.
Another thing, after the convention Colin has to come back to Denver to meet a client and I'll stay on the east coast. While he is away Isla and I will be staying with Nancy and Bob in Hartford who graciously offered to put up with us for a few days. By way of history, Nancy was Colin's mom's pen-pal for over 50 years - they were like sisters.
Colin will fly to Hartford late Tuesday night to meet up with us and then we drive back to Denver and should arrive back home on Saturday at the latest...
Phew, nothing in our lives is straight-forward, that would be boring.
So this week I'll be getting ourselves organized or shall I say getting Isla's stuff organized. She has been struggling with dinner food - she'll take about five bites and then refuses to eat anything else unless it's from a jar. I'm hoping it's just a transition stage and once she is used to it, she'll eat our dinner with us. I could fight her while we are away but I think I'll just load up on jarred food and feed her that and try her on "regular" food when the opportunity arises. She eats generally well and has no problems with bread, cereal, potatoes, pudding, etc. but the problem is mainly with (small) chunks of meat, vegetables and even pasta. I'm also thinking of buying a can of formula if there isn't a suitable fridge for her (whole) milk. Thankfully I don't have to worry about sterilizing bottles this time round!
All these plans are subject to change especially considering our current visa hasn't been submitted to be extended yet. It expires on March 25 but Colin is in contact with our lawyer frequently and it sounds like she's ready to submit our application for the business visa extention at the same time she applies for our new visa and green card.
If we don't get the extension, we have to leave the USA and we'll be driving to Canada rather than New York. I already warned my mom and dad we might be moving in next week ;-)
No disrespect to Mom and Dad but please pray we don't have to drive to Canada and we are able to travel to NYC. We have invested alot into our Colorado lives and would really like to stay here as long as we can.
Once we leave, I'm sure I'll be able to update the blog as we travel.