American Girl Place

Dear Diary,
While in New York Isla and I visited the American Girl Place. There are only a handful of stores in the country so I was sure to visit while in New York. I enjoyed it, Isla wasn't overally impressed but maybe that will change in a couple of years. I bought her a doll with some of her birthday money and in a few years when she can appreciate it, the doll will come out of the box. She's really cute and it's part of the Just Like You series where they mix up skin tones, eye and hair colour.
The store also has a shop where they sell the dolls and clothes, a cafe where you can have lunch with your doll and even a hair salon. I was watching them do the dolls hair in the salon and I think the girls who worked there have a great job - they get paid for playing with hair!
She was also spoiled on Canal Street where we bought her a onesie and a hoody. Canal Street is unique because you are expected to barter with the merchants - Mom, I really needed your garage sale experience - but I think we still got a good deal.
top row - l to r - modelling her new onesie - modelling her new hoody sized 18 months so it will be perfect in the fall.
bottom row - l to r - checking out her new doll - her new doll.
By the way, the new doll remains unnamed. Any suggestions?