Food

Dear Diary, I've been struggling to get food into our girl. Specifically meat and chunky food.
She could live off of toast, bananas and applesauce. At least it's not junkfood but it's still not good enough for an active growing toddler.
She loves jarred baby food but at almost 14 months this has to stop. I'm so fed up buying that stuff!! Even if I put our dinner through the food processor, the lady won't eat it but a jar of that other food, no problem... agghhhh!
Last night we did our groceries and Colin and I bought a whole lot of food that we thought she could and would eat. This morning I spent most of her nap time cutting fruit and vege and preparing it for her. We didn't buy anything that we wouldn't eat ourselves because I don't want to start with "Isla" food and our food.
I should say the last few weeks the lady has made a bit of progress. She started eating halfed grapes and even bits of chicken. That's progress but the last week or so she's been eating like a bird. When she's done, she throws it on the floor - not to get me to pick it up just so she can throw it down again - only to let me know she's had enough. Yesterday she cut two molars on the lower left and right jaws so that could explain her lack of interest in food or at least I hope that's why.
If anyone has any suggestions how to get her to eat chunky food specifically meat like chicken and fish, I'd be thrilled to hear from you!
left - eating breakfast Weetabix
right - ripping up paper - her favourite toy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UPDATE: Isla just ate lunch or should I say threw it on the floor... She ate a bit of a pancake, a bit of an apple slice, a bit of carrot slices and a bit of melon.... She gobbled down the yogurt...
OH HELP!!