One step closer....

Dear Diary, Today we had our biometrics taken by Homeland Security as part of the visa and green card process. By the way, we didn't get a microchip in our necks!!!
All they did was electronically fingerprint us and take yet another photograph. When we submitted our application we had to include 10 passport photos of Colin and 6 each of Isla and I so I was surprised they still took more. I was a bit disappointed they didn't scan our iris', that would've been cool albeit a Star Trekki!
We don't know when or even if we'll get the visa and green card but I'm fairly certain we will be approved. I'm confident our attorney would've told us if she thought we didn't take a stand a chance.
From conversations with various people I should say we are NOT applying for American citizenship. It's simply for residency and work authorization. Perhaps if we are still living here in 10 years we'll apply but at this time it's not even an option for us. Can you imagine Isla having a Canadian, British and American passport!!!?
Please continue to pray that the process is completed favourably in a timely manner. I'll keep you posted.