It's a waiting game....

Dear Diary,
I checked online the status of our visa's this morning and it's not looking good for our trip to Ontario at the beginning of July.
For our visa type the processing time in Texas is three months. Three months from March 31 (the date they recieved our applications) is the end of June and if we are issued visas we still have to get an appointment to recieve the actual physical visa in our passports. Presumably this will take place in Denver.
I doubt very much we will make it to the wedding on July 10 but I'm still holding onto the hope that we do.
Unless the Texas processing centre issues it between now and before June 30 then we might have a chance however in all my visa obtaining experience, I have yet to witness government bureaucrats exceed processing times.
I should add here that we are "legal" in America but even our attorney is advising us not to leave the country as the border crossing guards have the right to refuse entry to us. It's a chance we can't afford to take even though I wouldn't be upset if we had to stay in Canada. Good for me, bad for Colin.
grrr.... It's a waititng game and I've got a feeling we'll be waiting until the 11th hour.