This week in our lives, so far...

Dear Diary, Yesterday was Colin's birthday and I think (I hope) he had a good day.
When he got home from work, Isla and I gave him his presents and cake. He enjoyed it as much as 38 year old man enjoys it..
Afterwards we went our for sushi, Colin's choice, and while he enjoyed it, I opted for tempura instead. That was probably a big mistake as I was sick all night and felt pretty lousy today. It must've been a bit of food poisoning I guess.
Onto Isla....
She's done this before but on Monday I was battling with her to keep her blankets, bed sheets etc. in her dresser. Thankfully this dresser is designed that only one drawer can open at a time so I now have a sock sticking out of the top drawer which prevents her from opening the bottom....
Onto the cats....
The little guy in the picture is a HUGE problem for two furry girls. He hangs out in the tree in front of the dining room window and comes to taunt them several times a day. It's funny to watch them sing the cat "birdie song" (you know what I mean).
One last thing, the crazy weather continued yesterday. It was hot for most of the day and then late afternoon a weird storm blew threw. It produced loads of wind, rain and HAIL.
This is a very small version of what fell in other places - up to an inch in diameter! In some parts of the state it looked like winter so we got off really easy.
That is our week so far.
Colin is off in Seattle for a few days so I'll be posting a few pics of Isla for him while he is away. Daddy needs to see his girl.
I'm off to bed early to make up for last night.