What's going on....

Dear Diary,
As I type this I'm listening to Isla practice her loud voice in bed. What a stinker, usually she goes down for a nap without any noise. We have the van today to do a few errands like groceries and a bit shopping to keep me sane so perhaps she's in overdrive and needs to calm down first.
Nap times are easy for her to get to sleep. By noon she is more than ready for her nap and she'll stay in bed about 2 hours which gives me enough time to eat lunch, do a few things and still have a bit of time to relax with a cuppa. Bedtime however is another story. The past month she has been fighting us and if she is asleep or at least quiet in her room by 9 p.m. it's a good day. I'm not sure what happened to my 7 p.m. baby - I lost her months ago.
I had to share this photo. She has MY baby blanket over her head. Did you recognize it mom?
Despite it's old age those are not moth holes, the lady did it but don't ask me how. I dare say that her daughter will not be using it at this rapid stage of destruction! The funny thing is that blanket is STILL cuddly and soft after 30-something years so I hope she appreciates it!!

A few readers of enquired into our visa situation. It's unchanged at this time. At last word from our attorney, she was reviewing the documentation but I'm sure by now it is in Texas awaiting a verdict. Honestly, we (especially me) are hoping to recieve a denial as it will then enact Colin's boss' plan B which is to set up an office in Canada! YAY!

If that were to happen, we don't know how long we have left in America or where exactly in Canada we will return to. I know it will be Ontario somewhere between Oakville and Niagara Falls. It will be a ton of work for Colin to set up a new office and for us to find another home to rent... We are soooo done with moving, I just want it to be over with.

If we are to stay in America, lets just say we won't be retiring here. How long we'll be here is anybody's guess but if I have my way, we'll be back in Canada by the time Isla starts school. The fact that we don't know what is happening makes me extremely anxious. We can't plan a thing, even a holiday which we haven't had since our 3 day trip to Prague back in 2007. A vacation is long overdue, we both need it to calm down and relax and enjoy each others company but I just don't see that happening for a while.

Not much else has been going on now that we've recovered from a nasty stomach bug last week. Isla was sick just about everyday and I even had to take her off milk last weekend and that didn't go over too well with her. Colin and I also took turns taking care of each other but thankfully it wasn't anything serious, just 12 hours of gut-wrenching sickness...

On that pleasant thought, here's my girl lounging in her high chair. She has learned to get in and out of it which is handy but I loved it even more when all she could do was get in it and not out!!!

Hope you're well wherever you are and please pray that a visa verdict is coming soon, either way at this time would be appreciated.