A little bit fruity....

Dear Diary,
Isla LOVES fruit, especially the "yellow fruit" (code words for banana or nanas as she calls them) so last week when I saw cherries on sale at the grocery store I thought I would buy her some to see what she thinks. Personally, I don't like cherries and while she didn't mind them the amount of work it is to get the pit out by hand we decided they're not worth the effort.
Colin had the great idea to make a pie with the leftover cherries.
Do you see the scruff on his chin? Do me a favour and tell him to shave it for me. I didn't have high expectations that he would shave it for me but even Isla doesn't like it and it's still on his face!
Speaking of hair, check out Isla's hair. I put pigtails in this morning for the first time.
I have figured out that the best time to put them in is when she is distracted by playing with the bathroom faucet.
Her sticky-outty hair has been driving me crazy! The curls are only cute when they don't stick out and that hasn't been happening lately.
I'm tempted to trim it and give her bangs but I think it needs to grow a bit longer. To be honest, I'm not sure I want her to have bangs. Should I or shouldn't I? What do you think? Either way I think she'll need a proper trim in a few months and it buys me time to make up my mind.
Today we're not up to much, just tidying up and cleaning. Yesterday I had the van so I was here, there and everywhere and still didn't get everything done that I had planned. I went back to our old apartment because there is a store there that I buy my vitamins from and I realized how much miss the neighbourhood!
I HATE this apartment - it's full of spiders and ants. Don't even start me on the noise, it's ridiculous. The kitchen and living room windows leak with every rain storm (and we've had some good ones) so the maintenance guys are always putting more caulking around them. I don't know why they bother, it hasn't worked yet - it needs a new window!!!
Our other apartment was in a newer neighbourhood, good shopping and just greener and nicer. When we moved here, our car insurance went up - that should say a bit about this area. If we ever buy a house over here, it will be in the area of our old apartment.
Anyways, with that rant over, I'm going to enjoy the rest of her nap time with a lovely cup of tea and enjoy the quiet, I may even have a snooze myself!