Panicing, fat lips and other events from this week

Dear Diary,
I've always known I'm not a quick thinker on my feet but twice this week (Wednesday actually) I paniced and froze. It's bothered me ever since and I'm thankful Colin springs into action while I come to grips with what just happened. I'd be horrible a ER nurse, that much I know. Anyways, it scares me to think what could've happened if it weren't for a quicker thinking person. I feel awful about both incidents and I wish I sprung into action like WonderWoman. Thanks be to God nothing serious resulted.
I won't go into detail of the first incident but the second involved Isla stumbling and putting a tooth through her lip. She cried and cried and it bled something horrible. She's OK ,didn't require stitches and I'm sure there will be many more fat lips in her future. In the meantime, I'm coming to grips with the bloody side of parenting. I shudder at the thought of a broken limb.
Take a look at that lip....
By dinnertime it was almost normal and by Thursday you couldn't even tell she was injured.

Our routine every morning involves watching Sesame Street. She loves it, especially Elmo so when I found her holding her Elmo while watching Elmo's World, I had to snap a photo.

Is this kid cute or what?

She has also become little Miss Independent. She must feed herself, do what she wants and walk everywhere. The only way to allow her out of her stroller and still be safe is to have a monkey on her back - the harness and leash. No, she's not a dog and we don't get anywhere quickly but she gets the freedom she wants and we can still keep her safe.

In the van she is still in a rear-facing carseat. The rule is one year old AND 20 lbs but it's proven that children under the age of 2 suffer far fewer and less injuries if rear-facing in an accident. Right now she is still comfortable and doesn't mind it but that could be because rear-facing is all she knows!

She just woke up in this photo - notice her sweaty hair!

Since she had sweaty hair we brought Miss Independent into the pool for a swim. She doesn't like to be held in the pool either and thinks she can swim off by herself but we are much more comfortable with her being in her turtle this summer! She doesn't mind, she likes it.

In the Colorado heat the pool is a must-have and we're usually in it every day.