Daddy's Girl

The weekends include alot of Daddy and Isla time. I'm handy to have around when Colin isn't, apparently. Colin left the apartment this weekend and she started bawling her eyes out and came running to me. I guess it's my role to be a comforter.
During the week when he is home from work he has started the habit of knocking on the kitchen window to announce that he is home. If you could see her face when she sees him, it's priceless! To say that she is a daddy's girl is an understatement.
But I'm not jealous, even when she won't give me an eskimo kiss (nee, nee as she calls it) after rubbing Colin's nose without fail everyday. Oh no, not me! I get to have her all to myself all day. Of course there are times that I would love to just go out on my own but 99% of the time, I love our time together.
Just this morning we enjoyed our coffee break on the balcony together. I had coffee and she enjoyed her cup of juice while wearing her favourite hat.
Going back to a previous post about the size of her head, the hat she is wearing is size 3T - 4T - the size of a 3 year old! Anything smaller will be too tight by winter. Just to prove it's the Black genes, Colin bought a hat at a market a few months ago sized XL. The sales lady thought he needed a M and it sat on the top of his head. She couldn't believe he had such a big head!
The little lady has been waking up early the past week or so and not going back to sleep after drinking her milk as she usually does. We love sleeping in but those days are truly gone now. We take turns getting up with her and this past Saturday Colin was up with her while I got to enjoy an extra hour or so in bed.
By the time I got up he had her dressed and her hair done. Check out this do:
He slicked her hair back with his hair gel!!
Oh the poor child! I couldn't leave her with him for even a weekend. I would hate to see the state of the apartment or her hair and let's not forget how he dresses her!
I'm good for something else, doing her hair. This is better:
It's funny how everyone thinks she is a female version of Colin because I remember a photo of my mom about this age and she has exactly the same expression on her face.
Mom, do you know which one I'm talking about? I wish I had it to scan in but you'll just have to believe me!
Today we are enjoying the lovely summer weather. It's about 80 degrees, sunny with a gentle breeze. Does it get any better than that?
Enjoy your day and God bless.