Now what?

... and the verdict is... DENY ... for both applications.
The "big" application consisting of the work and residency permit was a big disappointment. I say disappointment with surprise because even though we sort of knew it was coming and I want to move back to Canada, I was really disappointed.
I don't want to move again. I want to stay here to have stability in our lives - for the first time in Isla's life. I want to sit on my sofa's again (they're in my parents basement 1500 miles away) in our living room.
I haven't seen the letter but Colin said that some of the points they raised were petty. Could be but at the end of the day the company was too new, not established enough to qualify for this visa. Thankfully the denial has nothing to do with Colin and I and we have no ban from entering the US again in the future.
The biggest surprise that made me madder than a hornet was in regards to Colin's temporary business visa - the visa we thought we had been approved. The extension to this visa application was made in March and we got a decision TODAY in the mail. Also denied and in my humble opinion, completely avoidable. Apparently our attorney applied for the extension five days past it's expiration date amongst a couple of other reasons that I think she should've been aware of.
We have to "depart from the United States within a definite time frame".
The big brass in Colin's office are discussing at the moment the next steps. If those plans don't include Canada, I'll be REALLY disappointed and even madder than two hornets.
To be honest, I surprise myself by even posting about this. I want to bury my head and forget that it's happening. We are both so fed up and frustrated and there never seems to be an end in sight. I know there is a plan for our family and I know this is part of that plan but at times it gets hard to accept and follow. We're human, sinful and want to do our own thing but we pray that soon we will see why the visa's were denied.
Also a prayer request - please pray for Colin as he in Seattle for a few days on business. He doesn't want to be away at this time but he has commitments to fulfill. Please pray for a successful and safe trip home on Friday.