Roadtrip Musings...

Well, where do I start?
It's been a long month to start with. One problem after another and in the process I lost the motivation to blog but things are better again or at least are in the process of getting better. Moving so many times in a short period of time is emotionally, physically and financially exhausting. Trust me!
I guess the best place to start is several weeks ago. It was only after about three date changes did we arrange the moving date and we left on Sept. 9 at 5 a.m.
We were loaded down to say the least....
.. the top row of photos was taken in the apartment when we were packing up. That stuff left with the movers.
... the bottom row is a photo of our van and it went with us, obviously. It was squishy in there because we also had the cats but we made it to mom and dad's in 2.5 days - 1468 miles completed!
Nebraska and Iowa are big states even though you may not believe looking at the map but just try driving through them. They go on and on and on... Colin laughs at me because I really LOVE Iowa. It's pretty and quaint and if we could live there, I would.
The top photo was taken in Nebraska at a rest area along the highway. Although Nebraska is close to Colorado it was already humid and the bugs, there were loads of them.
The bottom row photo is Colin and Isla playing in the Iowa corn fields. Isla kept making a run for them but if she went in, the only way to ever locate her again would be by air so we kept her close to us.
The second night we spent in Michigan and by 11:00 a.m. we were in Canada. YAY!
We made it through Customs and Immigration without too much hassle. Colin picked up his visitor visa and after a bit of paperwork, we were free to go so off we went to Tim Hortons. I know I am not the only Canadian to make that a first stop!
We arrived at mom and dad's early in the afternoon and Isla got to stretch her legs. She was soooo good all the way over but she had enough. Mom and Dad have the perfect backyard for her and she's been making the best of it ever since.
She has been one spoiled little girl but after nearly a year without family she deserves a little attention.
Since we've arrived in Ontario Colin has taken some time off and we've been getting a few things done but there is still much to do over the coming months. At least we won't get bored, right?
Anyways, I suppose this should be a big long post to cover the last month or so but honestly, I'm tired and I'm easing my way back into blogging. There are things coming up which I will post about in the coming weeks but for now, this should do.