A short, child-free break - bliss!

I write this the evening of our return home. Colin and I left Isla overnight with Mom and Dad and we escaped to "cottage country" for a very short break but as short as it was, I was happy to see my baby again. This was the first time I have left her and the first time she spent the night away from us. She did very well with Mom and Dad and they were able to keep up with 19 month old. Thank you!
We didn't go to far, just to Gravenhurst and we stayed in the brand-new Residence Inn Marriott. It was lovely and we had a small kitchenette in our room but trust me, we didn't cook, we needed a break!
Our afternoon drive took us to Gull Lake just outside Gravenhurst. The weather was great both days, sunny and dry but today (Friday) was a bit cool especially on the boat.
This weekend there is an antique boat show and boaters from all over N. America have taken over the hotel and the marina.
Our "cruise ship" - The Segwun - is 120 years old so appropriately antique! We had a 2.5 hour cruise around Lake Muskoka on her but it was cold, brrr.... A good breeze was blowing and to keep warm we made sure to stand in the sun when possible.
I think this is a political sign - Canadian fresh water, America keep your hands away!
Right now we are living in the basement at Mom and Dads but this is a little project we have going on along the shore of Lake Muskoka...
... our new cottage....
.... and my new deck chairs..... I wish but I can dream, one day!
A lovely short break but a good balance between missing Isla and recharging the batteries....
By the way, she was at the doctor this week and got a clean bill of health. Her stats are:
22 lbs. 13.5 ozs.;
33.5 inches tall; and
50 cm head circumference....
It's such a relief and a blessing to know that she is doing well!