I've taken the notion

I've taken the notion to post on the blog!
I'm sure you've noticed I'm way off pace that I was up too during the summer but we're still in the transition period with regards to living arrangements and settling back in Canada. Quite frankly, blogging isn't top of my list or even possible. Sooner but probably a bit later, I will be back on track.
We're temporarily living with my parents and we hope to be in our own apartment by Christmas. The arrangement is as soon as possible since some work has to be done so if it's before Christmas, that's great and if it's afterwards, that's OK too. Once details are confirmed, I'll talk more about it.
Isla is doing well. She doesn't walk anymore, she only runs. YAY! Her speech is getting better all the time too and just today we learned that she knows some letters as well. She was "reading" the newspaper at breakfast and pointed out "O", "A" and "E". I'm hoping the "E" has nothing to do with that squeaky red monster from Sesame Street but hey, if he helps her learn the alphabet, then I guess he's OK.
Colin continues to do his share of travelling for work. We'll miss him when he leaves this weekend but it will be relatively short trip and he'll be back home in time for moving and Christmas. There is no news on the visa front either but I read on the internet this week that he could qualify for OHIP once we get confirmation of "agreed in principle" from Immigration Canada. If it's true we'll breathe a bit better knowing we all have health insurance again but in the meantime he has emergency insurance if he requires medical care. We're very thankful he is a healthy man! Isla and I are currently in the three month wait period for OHIP which ends next week when we'll both be fully covered. The Americans can say what they want about the Canadian healthcare system but never again will I take our healthcare for granted - it's a blessing and I am so thankful for it!
So yeah, lots going on, lots we want to do and start on which I hope to expand on in the near future once we are settled but now it's time for bed. Night all!