Here we go again...

I'll never get used to it ... Colin is away for four weeks again.... Sigh...
He left last evening for Brazil after his flight got delayed twice. He didn't say good-bye to Isla because she's been wigging out when he leaves the room and so far she hasn't asked for him. Good. And she spoke to him on the phone this morning and didn't get upset. Even better.
But we miss him already. February 5 cannot come soon enough.
He's not sure when he'll leave again when he comes home. Isla's birthday is February 17 and he's booked the day off so chances are he'll be home that week but we shall see.
She's been pretty clingy to me today. She did see his suitcase yesterday and she knows it means he's leaving so maybe she's holding onto me for security. Not sure. She isn't saying. But she has a drippy nose and I have feeling molars are giving her grief as well. She napped only 45 minutes this afternoon but my consolation prize has been some serious cuddling with my otherwise very active, don't have time to cuddle toddler. Nice.

Proof of teething - Elmo and frozen yogurt

while laying on the sofa - a sight never seen before!

We're pretty much moved settled into the apartment. There are still boxes all over the place and stuff that will remain homeless so we'll have to find a storage place for those things. Once I feel comfortable that I've been able to make it look like home, I'll post some photos.
I'm thinking of staying one night a week in the apartment until Colin comes home, after that we'll decide.