What's Ahead?

I was reading through the blog and realized I've cut down the commentary ALOT! Not sure why, I guess it's just easier to share photos rather than words. Maybe my laziness?
As I write this, Isla is finally asleep, snug-as-a-bug in her crib and Tasha has been kicked outside because she feels the need to bark at something or nothing as is usually the case.
We've been in Canada almost four months now or should I say Isla and I have been in Canada for four months now. Colin is coming home for a week "vacation" now and again before heading off to the next exotic destination. No, really, it's not that exciting for him either. In fact, he's got the rotten end of the deal if you ask me and I hate that. I keep telling myself that we'll have to live like this for the next six months or as long as it takes. Our situation could be worse and we're thankful he has a job!
Isla is doing well. Her new favourite word is "no" (said in a very, very sweet little voice!) and typical with toddlers, can't be relied on 100%.
e.g. "Isla, did you do something in your diaper?"
"No" (looking down and shaking her head) despite the "smell of roses" radiating from her pants.
She's not interested in being toilet trained yet. Occasionally we'll see her hide behind a chair or she'll point to her diaper but other than that, nothing. We're in the process of moving, again, and it's not a good time to start. I'm happy just leaving the situation as it is until the spring or summer but I would LOVE to say she is trained sometime this year. I don't think that is asking alot of her, do you?
She's going to be two next month and birthday ideas are floating around my head. I feel sorry for her that she's born in February. At this age it's not too big of a deal but being a March baby myself, it sucks when you get to be school aged! In the meantime, we're just going to have family and a few friends over to the new digs for a small soiree. Photos to follow in February.
I mentioned we were moving. We sort of moved already or you could say we are in the process. We're moving into a walk-out basement apartment. The house is owned by our dear friends and just as we need a place to hang our hats, it became available. God's Providence is shown again! It's located in the country, with horses and loads of open space. Great for Isla and great for my furry girls, once the weather gets warmer of course. K & H have a little girl six weeks older than Isla so she also has a playmate! YAY, my girl loves other kids! It'll be good for both girls.
We're taking our time leaving Mom's house for a number of reasons:
1. The apartment is being slightly renovated; and
2. Colin is leaving for a month and I'd like to stay with mom for a bit longer to keep her company as she transitions and I don't have to be alone either. The plan is I'll stay with mom a few nights a week and a few nights at the apartment - at least for the first few months. We'll see how long this arrangement keeps up.
Lots of changes happening, indeed.
Anyways, Colin and I are praying that 2010, through God's grace, provides us more permanence, stability and bonding with the family. All three have been lacking greatly the last two years.
The visa application is in place and going forward (as far as I know), we have a new home and getting reacquainted with family here in Canada (both mine and his family). Colin has gotten to know my family much more as well. Just last Saturday my brother, niece and nephews along with Colin decided to go downhill skiing on the coldest day of the winter. Crazy! Despite the frigid -27 celsius temperature (with windchill), they all had a good time and if asked again, he'd go again.
I think those goals are good enough in terms of new year resolutions. They're lofty goals if you think about it but still attainable. I do have other plans that I would like to accomplish but they are minor in comparison....
Ok, so you want to what they are. Well, while we were unpacking our stuff from both N. Ireland and Colorado, I have countless baking dishes and pots and pans. I need to more serious cooking (new recipes) by going out of my comfort zone and bake much more which I love to do anyways. Maybe three or four times a month?
Told you they were minor. Boring. I'll post photos to prove I'm working on it.
A fun thing I started on Facebook - 365 photos in 2010! A photo a day in other words. Yes, I know I take enough photos anyways but I'm trying not to take 365 photos of Isla! Here's some of my handiwork from the last seven days:
One day I'll get Photoshop installed and take a photography course ~ maybe in 2011.... I leave you with this thought:
Dont work to hard to give yourself the best of everything,
instead make a greater effort to give GOD the best of yourself.