Hangin' Out Together

As I write this, the house is quiet.  The cats are asleep, Colin is asleep (and feeling ill) and Isla is still in bed.  I should be napping too but Isla awoke for a bit and that was the end of my "nap".

I've been MIA from the blogging world.  We've been spending time together before Colin leaves again this weekend for Brazil.  The time he is home goes by far too quickly and I miss him already!  I think he will be back the Easter weekend.

We've been keeping well for the most part.  Some good laughs and good cries, some happy moments and some moments of anxiety.  We've been through the whole realm of emotions and sickness but we'll get through and focus on the good for now.  We've come to expect plans that go amiss and to be honest, I don't understand why but I pray that His plan will be done.  Maybe I've been taking advantage of the good and haven't noticed them as much but there always seems to be something "bad" going on.  I can't explain it but I know that everything works for our good and our lives are in His hand which is the source comfort to get us through our troubles.

One good day we had was this past week - we took Isla to Niagara Falls for the first time.  I wondered as we walked along the edge of the Falls how many times will she come here in her lifetime.  Personally, I can't recall but I must have visited there between 6 or 7 times.   She seemed to be quite taken with them and was always looking over the edge.  This girl is a daredevil so I made sure to hold her hand at all times! 

Afterwards we ventured up to the Butterfly Pavillion and she loved it!  She wasn't too sure what to make of the butterflies that flew on her head (or on her butt, see below).  We walked around a few times and enjoyed spotting all the different types of butterflies - some were truly beautiful.  God makes the most gorgeous creatures!

~See the butterfly on her head ~

~ the butterfly is flying around her butt and she's trying to chase it ~

~ Daddy's Girl ~