Life

I'm patting myself on the back at the moment for posting on the blog finally......

Nothing exciting to report.  Isla is still coughing especially at night but thankfully the doctor didn't find anything wrong with her and said it could take awhile to recover completely from a viral infection.  I have noticed a significant improvement the last couple of nights and tonight is the first night that I haven't used the Vicks Vapo in her humidifier.  She's been sleeping soooo much better too which means I also have been able to get a few more hours of rest each night.  Single parenting for long stretches of time is hard work so trust me when I say I need all the rest I can get.

Colin is in Brazil and will return until next weekend.   For some reason I had it in my head that Easter was this weekend and he would be home on Friday morning but I got it wrong, it's next weekend.  It will be nice to have him back, we miss him so much!  He's been able to fly to different cities and is keeping busy which makes the days go by quickly.

Isla and I keep busy during the day grocery shopping, playing, cleaning, visiting and LAUNDRY - does it ever end?!  She starts a toddler class next month that includes singing, activities and swimming - she'll love it and we're both looking forward to it.  She's very social and I thought this was the best class for her to interact with other two year olds and still get the opportunity to splash in the pool at the same time!  YAY!  

There are a few projects that I've had planned all winter and would love to get started.  It's probaby a case of time mis-management on my part but with Colin home soon I should have a few more minutes to myself in which I can start.  Who knows, I may even blog about them! 

Here's a photo update...
Before Colin left we took her for her 2nd birthday photos -
the quality isn't great as it was scanned, sorry!

Last week we've had some great weather so we've been outside alot playing and just hanging out.  Isla had the chance to check out the new landscape and L-O-V-E-S it... The cats do too!



I can just imagine these two saying in passing
"Hi Didi" (Dixie)
"Hi Isla"...

Peek-a-boo!


.... oh yeah, and I celebrated a birthday!



I have been working with my slow cooker so if I come across any good recipes I'll share them!