Is it May already?

Time sure flies, doesn't it?

It's May already! YAY!  I don't mind but if it was going on let's say, November, then I wouldn't be as happy.

It's time for my-not-so-intended-to-be-monthly update.  Yes, that is just how things have turned out to be.  I haven't been in a blogging sort of mood lately.  Too much of the same and not much else that is blog worthy but it's not a bad thing.

Colin is away and arriving home on Friday for a week and a bit.  There hasn't been much change on the visa front although we hope to hear this month of our approved "agreement in prinicple" followed shortly thereafter with the Canadian visa.  I just checked Immigration Canada's website and it says they are processing October 3, 2009.  That means one of two things: 1.  They are VERY slow or October 3 was a heavy mail day as it has showed October 3 for a few weeks now OR 2. They haven't updated the website in a few weeks.

I really hope for the latter as we filed on November 17, 2009.  Our anticipated six month step 1 processing date is May 17, 2010.  My guess is we'll here more in June and I'll post on that situation as we get word from our friends in Vegreville, Alberta.

In the meantime Colin is racking up the Aeroplan points from Air Canada.  We're aiming for a trip around the world at the rate he is going!!!  HA!  No, really, we might as well get something for all the time we spend apart.  Maybe a trip to Denver or Belfast for us in the near future?  Who knows?  We don't, yet.

Isla and I spend one night or so a week at my Mom's house.  It breaks up our week and we get to spend time with Mom, which I think we all enjoy.  Isla certainly does because Oma does all sorts of interesting things like sweep floors, dust and feed Tasha.   

I've been looking for a petting zoo to take her too but couldn't find any in the area.  When I mentioned that to my mom she said there was one at the Dutch Mill in Millgrove.  Bingo!  We stopped by last week and Isla got to meet the goat, ponies, ducks, bunnies, sheep and chickens.   They also had a fun bridge to run on!



We'll definately be going back there again... Oh yeah, did I mention it's free!?  Woohoo!

Karen and I have taken the little ladies, Isla and her buddy Maiya, to the butterfly pavallion not too far from home.  Since they both loved it,  both of us bought an annual pass which is basically 2.5 visits to the pavillion.   It made sense to us as they are free until age 3 so it's our admission we have to pay for.  If you've ever been to a place like that you'll know how HOT and HUMID it is.  I highly doubt we'll be going between June and September but  I'll take her this  month and then once the weather cools down.  Ss for the winter, we'll go to warm up!


She honestly loved it in there, I think the hot weather got to her!

What else?

Not much really 'cept a bad case of allergies  for Isla and I.  In N. Ireland there are not too many trees and the pollen count isn't as high either so my allergies didn't bother me much over there.  In Colorado, it was just really dry and the grass is pretty much brown year long so it wasn't bad either.  I wish that was the case here!

The weather has been a mixed bag but always windy (just check out Isla's hair in my pics). Some days like today, bright and warm, others like this past weekend, wet and gray.  Today we went for a walk together around the property and Isla can't get enough of the dandelions.  She would like to know why anyone would kill a dandelion - she L-O-V-E-S them!


Happy Spring!