Summer Update - Edition II

We are currently well into week 2 of Colin's visit home and this week he didn't have to work.
We've been enjoying spending time together and have stayed close to home
other than a trip to Ajax and to my moms.

On Saturday we drove out to Andrew's Scenic Acres to pick raspberries
but when we got there, they were finished or 90% finished
so no raspberries in our freezer this winter.
Off to the blueberry field we went and there were loads.


Easy picking

Isla loved them too ....



... sadly she didn't pick many that ended up in the basket...


They also sell flowers - pick and pay per stem.
Not cheap either but it was fun.

I didn't pick the sunflowers....

... but wish I had as they are so pretty....


... and amazing...
I love them  - they are sooooo big - especially if you are just over 3 feet tall!


Our next trip was down the 401 to Ajax.
Aunt Lynn & Uncle Jim made sure we didn't go hungry and cooked up a lovely dinner
while Colin provided a pie
- blueberry of course!

Isla used to love eating corn but has since come off of it a bit
but I now know how to get her to eat it again.


Uncle Jim put the cobs on the bbq and she L-O-V-E-D it!
Her first attempt at eating corn-on-the-cob.

We came home Monday afternoon, got new tires on the van
and just hung out at home for a few days along with a trip to the pool.
On Wednesday I met up with my "Wednesday Ladies" at my nieces house
and Thursday we headed to Waterdown to my moms.

Colin made a fire to burn paper and washed the van along with his
bathing suit clad little shadow.


It's been hot all week so I don't think she minded getting wet!

My mom has a butterfly bush in her backyard and there were so many
buttlerflies and hummingbirds taking advantage of it.


They are nice to watch and one day when we get our own house again,
we'll get a bush too!




On Saturday the Fergus Highland Games are being held so we plan
to take a dander down the road to check it out.
Colin will wear his Ulster shirt and probably run into a few
local country men (and women).

Only a few days more at home before he leaves again
for hopefully the last time.....
I say that everytime he leaves...
... but surely this time it's got to be one of the last times....