Recently....

... we had immigration news!

Colin recieved the FBI Certificate (clear, no record, phew) which was promptly forwarded to Immigration Canada by the not-so-prompt Canada Post...  Next step, Permanent Residence.

The next day he received the Work Permit! 


..... we went to the Rockton World's Fair!

I get a kick out of that name. 
If you blinked you'd be through Rockton...  Hardly known to the world...
But anyways, it was fun.  
It's been years since I was last there and it hasn't changed a bit.  Everything is in the same place.

The giant pumpkin contest is neat to see...

I think this one was over 700lbs... (the pumpkin, not Isla)

Even though we live on a horse farm, she LOVED the sheep, especially BLACK sheep ;-)


.... Isla turned 32 months on Sunday. 
Four more months and she's 3!
For the record (unofficially) she's 29.8 lbs and 36.5 inches tall. 

Petite, funny, sweet, active and oh so beautiful!


We were at the park this morning to play in the leaves and jump around. 
I love this time year and it's great for taking photos outside too.  I'm not about to pass up on the opportunity.

.... I tried to toilet train Isla. 
The lady isn't ready yet but I had to try and see if she was. 
I could do without buying diapers but it looks like a few more months at least. 
She meets the "criteria" of the experts except she has all sorts of trouble holding it. 
Whatever the reason, she isn't ready and that's OK. 
I've had more than one person say to me that they didn't start until after three and it took no time at all. 
I may just go down the route if we don't get any further ahead by Christmas.