My turn!

As I say, another year older, another year wiser, another year healthy and another year to be thankful!

It's bittersweet for me to think that in three short years, Colin is taking me to Tahiti for my 40th!  Yeah, right, in my dreams but I keep reminding him just in case we win the lottery in the meantime....


Do you like Colin's birthday annoucement for the neighbourhood?

It snowed again on Sunday (my birthday) so he was outside shovelling the driveway and sidewalks and found a bit of spare time to create this 'birthday cake'.  I didn't go out to see it until later that night because it was cold outside ... brrr... but my family came over in the evening for cake and coffee and kept talking about it so I had to go out and take a peek for myself... It was still cold btw...  What a sweet guy I have?!?  LOL


Anyways, it wouldn'be a birthday without cake, right?

Colin baked it and decorated it and Isla helped me blow out the candles as she is now a pro at it.  Excuse my spotty face - who would've thought that at my ripe old age they would still come to haunt me?!  grrr...


My little family I've be so blessed with! 



On another unrelated note, Colin has a new job, his #1 choice job!  His last day at Binatech is tomorrow, home for a few days and starts next Monday.   The part he is not looking forward to is getting up at 5:45 a.m. for the hour drive each way to make it for 7:30 (we're not morning people!) but he is very much looking forward to starting this new position.