Happy October!

I like this time of year.... 
It's cool, no humidity, the leaves are turning pretty colours and lots of pumpkins...

Colin doesn't like it. 
Everything is dying and leaves have to be raked up.  Ok, raking leaves is no fun but seriously, it's so refreshing to walk outside...

Take a peak:
I found a local farmer with a huge field of pumpkins. 
She loved running around it and getting all muddy. 

I don't care, she had fun and we picked three pumpkins:
Daddy pumpkin, Mommy pumpkin and Isla pumpkin!


 
Oma came with us which made it more fun!

The last time Colin was in the UK, he was fortunate enough to go visit family in Ireland for a weekend - yes, one advantage to being separated - and of course he couldn't resist buying something for Isla. 
Here she is modelling:  Daddy went to Ireland and all I got was this goofy rugby hat and lovely tshirt!




Relaxing together in the warm sun. 
I think Colin was taking advantage of the sun as he knew he wasn't  going to see it back to the UK!!  :-)

(sorry for the humid picture)

Isla started swimming lessons last week and now we officially have a 'turtle' in the family! 
She loved it and did so well.  She dunked her head all the way under and she floated on her back, two things she refused to do a few months ago so I'm very proud of her. 
The goal of this class level is to get the kids comfortable in the water and eventually the parents out of the pool.  I didn't think she would be ready for that yet but now I'm thinking I may not be in the pool the last couple of classes. 
We'll have to see how it goes I guess.


What else have we been up to?
Isla is back to eating dry cat food.... (shaking my head)

Well, we went back to the butterfly pavilion last week.  She loves looking at the 'tweets' (birds) and trying to catch butterflies and since I have a season pass we go whenever we want. 
I think I'll be using it alot this winter especially if it's as cold as predicted.
  
This photo was taken with my iPhone so not as clear as I would like but you can still make out the turtles and Japanese Koi in the background. 
It's a great place for little ones to run about safely
although I still use the backpack on her as she bolts alot faster than I can run!

A bit early but Happy Thanksgiving!