Where to begin?

Has it really been 10 years since my last post? We all look a little bit older - one of us appreciates that more than the other two.
It's hard to believe and so much has obviously happened. Colin showed me this little gem of a blog the other night and I quickly learned how much I missed it and what a great way to memorialize our family life.
 
Significantly, since the last post, Colin became a Canadian citizen  in 2014:

Both he and Isla are dual citizens - British and Canadian. Why is this important?  If you read the first half of the blog, you will have noticed that Colin was gone, a lot, for 5 or 6 weeks at a time.  That was because he couldn't legally live or work in Canada.  God blessed him with his permanent residence in 2010 and as soon as he qualified for citizenship, he applied.  We have been together, all the time, for the last 10 years! I don't miss those days alone but it taught me many things like patience, trust and anything worth waiting for is worth having.

New cats, new house, new city, new jobs, new pandemic etc... Maybe that's where I'll start - Covid 19. 

Almost 11 months since it's been considered a pandemic, you'll find us looking like this:

Masks are a way of life now but I'm having trouble with foggy glasses 👀

Many in our community have been negatively affected by the pandemic but God has graciously spared us and granted us good health and our work being unaffected - in fact we both have been busier than ever at work (more on that later). Please continue to pray for those who are sick, lonely and financial situation has been affected.  Once we are eligible for the vaccine, we will be rolling up our sleeves. 

Currently as I write this we are in the second wave and in lock-down - I just heard the case count today in Ontario is 1900+. The numbers are going down so praying we are released from lock-down in the next few weeks.

Isla is currently in Grade 7 French Immersion in virtual learning. She enjoys it (a bit of computer nerd like her dad) and doesn't want to go back to school! No drama, apparently. She'll be 13 in a few weeks and the teenage phase is part of our life now. She's a lovely, independent, kind girl. Very much a daddy's girl, loves music and art is her passion. She is our greatest blessing and will always be my baby girl. 

Colin and I both work at the same business; he is the IT support nerd (phone systems, servers, cell phones, etc) for all the terminals (15+) across Canada. He loves it, works hard and I get the impression, they love him too. During the pandemic he has been going into the office everyday as he has his own office and does a lot of work remotely. 

As for myself, I'm billing/rating at home for the last year or so. For introverts like me, this is bliss ! I don't like drama either and I work next to snoozing cats, my diffuser diffusing and podcasts galore to keep me motivated. I've working  this job since February 2017 after stints working in the church office at Covenant and a few months with friends home business - both jobs I really enjoyed. I'm contracted 3 evenings (6p->midnight) but it's rare I work work less than 4 evenings because transporting goods doesn't stop even during a pandemic. To be honest, I don't mind as the days at home can be long during this time and I want to be productive. If I'm ever asked to come back to the office, I'd have to think twice about it! 

We have been worshiping at our current church for the last couple of years which happens to be very close to home and where Colin is serving as an elder. Prior, we worshiped 30 minutes away at another church so we appreciate the proximity even more. We have been so blessed and encouraged in both congregations and have met many, wonderful, faithful brothers and sisters in the Lord. During the past year, our services have either been limited to 10 people or 30% of congregants. It will be a happy day when we all can be together again! 

There is so much to catch up on but I think as I get back into blogging, much of the latest and greatest will be posted. It's so good to be 'back'!! :-) 

'Til next time, 

Heather, Colin & Isla