March-ing Into April

Once March comes around I like to think we are the right side of winter and before I know it,  it's mid-April..  The weather has been so warm and sunny lately, we haven't even complained about the two days of rain!

Lots going on as always..

As I previously mentioned, Colin has been busy at work and has been rewarded for his hard work and dedication by receiving a promotion.  He officially started March 15 although he's been working his 'old' job and the 'new' 'job for a few weeks before then.  I'm so pleased and proud of him  😤

Isla continues to soldier on at school albeit virtually or as I like to call it pajama school - she throws on a hoody just before it starts... Silly girl but I'd probably do the same.  It was announced this afternoon that schools will remain indefinitely closed until the case numbers go down 😕  The variants are out of control in our area and while she is safer at school than many other places, I'm glad she's at home, I enjoy her company and she has perfected the art of coffee making.  This week is the delayed 'March break' - now Spring break - so is she is home and bored.

Speaking of staying at home, I've done a lot of that lately.  Back in January, the power steering in my van died a slow death so we had it fixed (reluctantly).  However, while fixing that problem, another problem was revealed and I had to bring it to a Chrysler dealer to have fixed.  Long story short, I wasn't going to refinance the house to fix a 10 year old van so we decided to scrap it and look for something new (to us).  Moving on, I hadn't had a working vehicle since January but it hasn't bothered me since we've been in lock-down and when I needed  to get out, I brought Colin to work and then did what I needed to do. 

Our search for a new vehicle ended in mid-March with a new-to-us 2017 Chevrolet Equinox.  It drives like a dream and even still has that new car smell.  This photo is from the day we bought it in March.

Spring always has me dreaming and planning of projects around the house we would like to get done. We've had the leaky gutters replaced and the maple tree pruned while getting the stump in the back yard cut down and removed.  More room for pretty flowers!!

A little secret, March was my birthday month but I won't say which day.  It was a lovely day with donuts, Chinese take out and good company with my favourite people.   We had planned to go away Easter weekend to pick out my birthday present, a concrete bird bath but it didn't happen.  Covid, again 😒  One day we'll get out of the house again - I think we'll try for the May long weekend 🤞

The three of us are doing well, keeping ourselves occupied and staying healthy.  Praise the Lord!  I pray our readers are as well - stay safe wherever you may be! 


'Til next time, 

Colin, Heather & Isla